Saturday, September 22, 2007

Good News and Bad News

When I got to the hospital Jerry was really in high spirits, Dr. McGrory had been in and said she was doing so well he was going to discharge her this afternoon. He had made arrangements for her to have therapy back home starting Monday and go three times a week for six weeks. Good News.

Bad News, the medical Doctor came in and said the fluid around her heart was not totally gone and he was not going to discharge her till it was. I told him we were covered under Medicare and Tricare For Life and they had a time limit on hospital stays. He said, "don't worry about Medicare, we'll take care of them". He said if all went well he would let her come home on Monday. He'll be checking in on her every day till then. These Doctors here are very thorough and they do their best to care for their patients. He said he and Dr McGrory would take care of the therapy schedule and for us not to worry about anything.

Oh well she could be in a worse place, when the nurses learned that Jerry would be for a few more days they assured her they would take special care of her.

We had thought we were going to be able to go home today and my time at Fort Benning FAMCAMP is up today. I had to go back and let them know I was going to have to say till at least Monday and ask for an extension. The manager was real nice about it and gave me a week extension and said when I knew for sure when I would be leaving, we'd take care of everything then. Don't worry about it he said.

No comments: