Saturday, March 4, 2006

Colorado Bound

We finally departed Stonewall heading to Durango CO to work there this summer. We're all looking forward to it and are anxious to see the wonderful sights there.

We were heading west on I-10 and were just outside Ozona Texas when I had a BIG problem. The U Joints and part of the drive shaft broke. Thank goodness we were just outside of town. I called Coach-Net, my roadside service and told them what had happened. This would have to happen on a Saturday and there was no one who could fix it.

Coach-Net called back about thirty minutes later and said they had found a place in San Angelo that could fix the problem but they were not open today. I told them there was a small RV park just off the highway but we of course could not drive to it. They dispatched a wrecker who came and towed me to the RV park and said he would be back Monday morning and tow me to San Angelo to the repair place. Coach-Net paid for both tow jobs.

After getting squared away in the RV park we went out for dinner and then decided to see what the town of Ozona had to offer. As it turned out this was a small Texas town and didn't really have much to appeal to us. We went back to get some much needed rest.

No comments: