Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Meridian, MS. Darn It's Cold Here

All the travel brochures tell you to come to the "Sunny South" where it's nice and warn. Today I don't believe it. I woke this morning and has frozen pipes to the RV. The park owner cut off the water last night cause it was going to be a "balmy 18" and he didn't want the exposed water pipes to freeze.

I disconnected the hose and drained the water from them before I stored them underneath. When Jerry tried to get water to make coffee, she told me we didn't have any water. We were using the water pump but nothing worked. I had to get out in the cold and go to the office to get water for coffee. Neither of us are nice to be around unless we have had our coffee.

Just for the neck of it I checked the weather in Seward, Alaska and it was warmer there than here. Their high was 40 and the low was 34. I'm just about ready to head there and stay warm.

Tonight we're looking for another "balmy" night of 16 and I've filled the water tank and again disconnected the hose, but this time I'm going to leave a small ceramic heater running.

We'll be glad when the time arrives that we can leave this "heat wave" place and go some where better.

No comments: